EXPERIENCE IN THE AUTOMOTIVE BUSINESS
Before becoming a full-time translator and interpreter, the founder of Optimo Translations worked for 8 years in the automotive business as IT consultant and project leader. He was involved in the configuration and implementation of various Dealer Management Systems (DMS) and CRM software for importers and official distributors of car brands such as Mercedes, Opel, Volvo and Peugeot throughout the Benelux and Europe.
Today he relies on this knowledge when translating or interpreting for IT companies specialising in the development of software for the automotive business. For large jobs he works together with fellow translators from other countries who are also specialised in the automotive business.
WHAT DO WE TRANSLATE?
> Apps, software, DMS
> Blueprints for automotive processes
> User manuals
> Marketing materials
> Promotional flyers + leaflets
WHY OUR CLIENTS CHOOSE US?
- We only work with native translators specialized in the IT world and the automotive industry.
- Your translation is revised by a proofreader.
- We use the most advanced tools for a coherent use of your terminology in our translation.
- If the source text is unclear or contains ambiguities we proactively contact our client.
- As an extra service we also point out errors in the source document.
Examples of projects
TRANSLATION DEALER MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE & MANUALS
With more than 1 million words translated this is one of the bigger projects in our portfolio. Our international customer who develops Dealer Management Systems for the automotive business has called on our knowledge and experience in the automotive sector to translate their software from English into Dutch. This software package is used by hundreds of car dealers in Belgium and the Netherlands, including Mercedes, BMW, Opel, Peugeot and Fiat. The project posed the following challenges:
- Huge volume (>1 million words = 2,666 full pages)
- Tight deadline.
- Collaboration between multiple translators + terminology that had to be fully streamlined.
- The in-house development of scripts to turn the client’s files into a workable format for the translators.
- Importing and testing the translations in the client’s software.